This Wednesday, January 14th at 9:00 A.M. (Eastern Standard Time) Heidi will be having an AICD implanted at a hospital in Connecticut. Click here for more information about AICD's.
Heidi will need to stay overnight at the hospital after her surgery. In general, recovery time from a surgery like this can vary.
Your prayers, words of encouragement, and support have been greatly appreciated. It is so evident that God is at work and that his perfect will is unfolding just as he planned it long ago (Psalm 139).
Here is how you can be praying for the Gropp Family in the coming week:
-For God's protection of Heidi during the surgery
-Guidance for the surgeon's hands as the device is implanted
-Heidi's overall health prior to, during, and after the procedure (restful sleep, free of infections)
-Heidi's anxiety and concerns about the upcoming procedure and her concerns about the cosmetics of the AICD in her chest
-Strength, energy, and comfort for the Gropp Family as they seek to support Heidi through this trying time
-And last, but certainly not least, that God's kingdom purposes would be evident in the midst of Heidi's circumstances
Psalm 139: 13-18,
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.
Heidi,
ReplyDeleteWe miss you! We are praying for you and asking God to help you not to worry. Since we are praying, you don't have to be anxious about anything!
Be a good patient(literally and figuratively)!
Emily, Bill, Nicole, Megan, Ashley, Ali, Danielle, Heather, Jill, Kate, Matt, Justin, and Prof. Meyer
Heidi,
ReplyDeletePlease know that you are always in our prayers. We are praying particularly that this surgery would go smoothly and healing would come quickly. May you continue to have His peace, knowing that we serve a great and mighty God and His plans are to prosper you.
We love you,
Mr. & Mrs. GYRO
Hi Heidi,
ReplyDeleteYou have many ANGELS around you and praying for you.
You are fighter and be strong:)
love ya!
Mike R.
Hi Heidi!
ReplyDeletePlease know that you are always in my prayers. Rest in the comfort of His loving arms. He's so much bigger than we are. Know that He will take care of everything!
Love,
Barbara B.
Heidi, The Blakeslees are praying that the surgery goes perfectly and that you have a great recovery:
ReplyDeletePsalm 91:11
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
God Bless. Love, Debbie & Dana and all