Friday, January 9, 2009

Decisions

The last two days I have felt quite torn in my decision to move forward with having the AICD (defibrillator) surgery. There are many decisions to make regarding who will perform the surgery, how it will be implanted, where it will be placed, at what hospital, and when the surgery will be performed.

The last 48 hours has been a lot of waiting to hear from several different specialists who have tried to help us sift through the decisions and details. We have now heard from a variety of specialists and I feel a bit overwhelmed with all of the options and details. I have sat on my thoughts about the smartest and safest way to have this surgery performed and have contacted a few doctors about setting a date for surgery. The only problem is one is on vacation! So as soon as we are in touch, I will set up a date and will be ready to move forward and have the surgery completed. More updates on surgery date to follow, Thanks again for all of your support and prayers!

Heidi

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Heids! We will be praying for open lines of communication and flexibility re: when the procedure happens so that you can get back to school soon. Love you SO much.

    Whit and Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, These are the lyrics to a song I love that has helped me through the difficult days. It comes from an old Puritan prayer.It comforts me more when I can sing it, but I hope just the lyrics will minister to you.

    Love you, Mrs T

    In the Valley

    When you lead me to the valley of vision
    I can see you in the heights
    And though my humbling wouldn’t be my decision
    It’s here Your glory seems so bright
    So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown
    To be low is to be high
    That the valley’s where You make me more like Christ

    Let me find Your grace in the valley
    Let me find Your life in my death
    Let me find Your joy in my sorrow
    Your wealth in my need
    That You’re near with every breath
    In the valley

    In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
    But they only shine at night
    And the deeper that I go into darkness
    The more I see their light
    So let me learn that my losses are my gain
    To be broken is to heal
    That the valley’s where Your power is revealed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi,
    We continue to pray for you asking our Father to give all involved wisdom, peace and feet for the path on which you are traveling. Thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated.
    Jim,Mary, Jonothan and Colleen H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi: Just to let you know we are continuing to pray for you. May God give you the strength and courage you need for each day. May you also have wisdom to know which advice of all of them to take. God bless you.
    "Grandma" Mac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heids,

    I am praying for patience and courage like Joshua's as you begin your week. Patience with the communication and timing of your appointment. Courage for the anticipation of your procedure. Like you said in one of your posts- nothing is impossible with God! I love you so much and wish I could come give you a hug :)

    Whit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi: I've been praying for you, but will beef it up on Wednesday! I'm sure you'll be glad when this part of your journey is behind you and you are back at school. This is a wonderful sight to be able to keep in touch.
    You are in my heart! Love, Sue and Lutz

    ReplyDelete