Today I was in NYC at a doctor's appointment to see my Heart Failure Specialist for more follow up. I thought I would take a moment to share some plans and developments for the coming weeks and months ahead.
New developments from today's appointment include:
- I have been given the OKAY to RETURN to Trinity Christian College to finish my senior year and begin my Student Teaching! I will return on Sat. Jan. 31st!
- My doctor provided a specialist at the University of Chicago for local needed visits
- Blood work follow ups will occur every two weeks to provide specialists back home with up to date necessary information.
- Heart Transplant preliminary processes will be able to be done in Chicago and long weekends back at home.
I would appreciate your continued prayer for:
- Blood work findings to become more clear at this coming weeks doctor appointments
- Continued healing of ICD incision site and implant (I am still experiencing a significant amount of pain/soreness
- Strength for my overall body and spirit (I have lost a lot of previous physical strength and endurance)
- A healthy immune system (our family is suffering from bad colds!)
- Nausea to improve
- My acceptance of this new lifestyle with an ICD
- Better sleep at night
- A positive attitude for the coming weeks ahead out in Chicago
Some answers to prayer include:
- Doctors have mostly been able to stabilize my cardiac medications accurately
- Date to be able to return to Trinity Christian College to begin my Student Teaching
- Found a Chicago Heart specialist for "backup" out at school
- The many blessings of this blog!
I have truly enjoyed every comment each of you has contributed to this blog AND additional emails, cards, and visits. I am so thankful to have each and EVERY one of you in my life. You are all a gift from God!
More updates to come!
In Christ's Love,
Heidi
Living
14 years ago
Heidi, your're in our thoughts and prayers daily. We're very happy to hear the most recent news about your return to Chicago. Here's a special prayer of healing that we wanted to share with you, from the Jewish religion called the Mi she Berach.
ReplyDeleteMay the source of strength, Who blessed the ones before us
Help us find the courage to make our lives a blessing
And let us say: Amen.
Bless those in need of healing with r-fuah sh'leima
The renewal of body, the renewal of spirit,
And let us say: Amen.
Thinking of you always,
Danielle & Barry
Psalm 103
ReplyDelete1 Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
6 The LORD works righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.
7 He made known his ways to Moses,
his deeds to the people of Israel:
8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
9 He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;
10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;
14 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.
15 As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.
17 But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD's love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children's children-
18 with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts.
19 The LORD has established his throne in heaven,
and his kingdom rules over all.
20 Praise the LORD, you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his bidding,
who obey his word.
21 Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts,
you his servants who do his will.
22 Praise the LORD, all his works
everywhere in his dominion.
Praise the LORD, O my soul.
Thanks for updating Heidi. I prayed over each of your prayer requests. I wanted to pass along a link to you. http://cornishadoptionjourney.blogspot.com Emma, one of their little girls, was adopted from Ukraine about a year ago, and had a heart transplant in August. She's been an inspiration to me- she has overcome so much in the past year. I thought reading her story might be an encouragement to you too. :) (If you click on the archives and look at Feb. 2008, you'll see pics of Emma when they first met her, and her heart surgery was in Aug. 2008)
ReplyDeleteDear Heidi, Wow, you'll be back at school so soon. I will be praying. May God continue to bless you, Debbie
ReplyDeleteHeidi,
ReplyDeleteWonderful news about your return to school and student teaching! We are continuing to pray for your increasing strength and endurance. You will need them when you do your student teaching. Are you going to be the primary teacher or a collaborative special ed teacher when you do your student teaching? I am familiar with both kinds of special ed teachers.
What do you know so far about the setting in which you will be teaching--eg. self-contained such as MR, physically/mentally profoundly disabled such as incontinent, no language autistic, learning disabilities in a general classroom or separate class such as a reading instruction or individualized tutoring, emotionally disturbed,etc.? I have served in all of the above settings either as a special ed summer school teacher, substitute special ed teacher and aide. My latest substitute job was a self-contained MR classroom as lead teacher. The only available lesson plans were locked in the sick teacher's desk so I had to try to figure out where the class was in their curriculum and go from there for a week. It was an adventure!
I look forward to hearing your adventures in student teaching. It should be an exciting and fun time with lots of creative possibilities. Word to the wise: student teaching is very demanding--physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. You are in my fervent prayers.
Aunt Leslie
Heidi,
ReplyDeleteI'm excited that you are coming back to school, you truly deserve to finish what you have worked so hard to accomplish. I can't wait to see you when u get back. You are so strong and you will better then ever once you are all healed up. Miss ya Love ya talk to you soon
Love always
jeanna