Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Patience

I thought I would make a post now that I am beginning to feel a bit better.

This past week has required me to have lots of patience. I have been fighting quite a bit of pain, nausea, body ache, loss of appetite, and loss of sleep. It has been difficult to stay positive in conditions like these, so your prayers have been so appreciated and have helped me persevere through this past week. Thank you ALL so Much!

Today (Wednesday, January 21) is the first day I have felt up to writing on the computer and moving around quite a bit more. Doing minor daily activities are a BIG chore for me to complete being that I am still not feeling up to regular speed yet. The pain has begun to improve, but the soreness at the incision site and the implant area will most likely remain for some time yet.

I would appreciate your continued prayer for:

- soreness/pain at the incision site and implant area to improve
- nausea to improve
- my acceptance of this new lifestyle with an ICD
- better sleep at night
- a positive attitude for the coming weeks ahead
- clear direction on the next steps in my health journey
- that the doctors would be able to stabilize my cardiac medications accurately
- for clarity as to a future date to be able to return to Trinity Christian College to complete my Student Teaching
- a healthy immune system (our family is suffering from bad colds!)

I have really enjoyed reading all of your encouraging, supportive, loving, and prayer-filled comments! They are the highlights of my day! Thank you all so much, Heidi

Psalm 40:1-3, "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and the mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."


4 comments:

  1. Praise God! Your entry today makes my day. I am so happy that you are doing better. My prayer is that you will continue to heal quickly and complete this semester at school with jubilance.
    “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31 "They shall also do victory dances." Bob 1:1

    We love you,
    Mr. Gyro

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear the" sigh "in your words as you're doing one of the hardest thing in the world... Keeping God's perspective in the midst of the crummy (sp?) circumstances of life!!! You keep inspiring all who are following you through this. You & your parents have been Christ's witnesses to every doctor & nurse that you've talked to. God is being glorified throughout this whole painful and bothersome ordeal ... which is beautiful! We will continue to pray for comfort and rest of body & spirit. You're amazing Heidi !!! My kids says " Wow! She's awesome!" We agree! Love you, Scott & Tanya ( and kids!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heidi!! You are amazing and I'm glad that you are trying to get a little more mobile. I miss seeing you and talking to you. It will be so amazing when u can get back here and get right back to work. I can't wait to hear from you. Miss you love you.
    Jeanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Chica,
    Here you are!!! inspiring us with your thoughts and a way to recovery...
    I'm glad you feel better
    Praise the Lord
    The eyes of all look to you,and you give them their food at the proper time
    You open your hand
    and satisfy the desires of every living thing Psalm 145: 15-16
    Continue to pray for patience in all directions for you and your family, love Helena

    ReplyDelete