Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Difficulties accessing Heidi's Hope?

Dear Friends and Family,

Heidi, myself, and my family have greatly appreciated your prayers over the last few days. Heidi will be having several appointments, consults, and possibly procedures in the future, so updates are likely to be relatively frequent. I have received a few e-mails mentioning difficulties with posting comments or accessing the blog. If you have difficulty accessing the blog or remembering to go to it for updates and you would like to be put on an automatic e-mail list that will forward the text of the blog (and a link) I can try to make this happen. If you are interested in this, please respond to this e-mail with your e-mail address. You can always e-mail me again if you'd like to be taken off.

Other ways to access the blog are through creating a bookmark in your browser, using a "reader" and clicking on the RSS feed, or just going to www.hope4heidi.blogspot.com every once in awhile. For more information about using a "reader" or RSS, click on this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(file_format)

Lastly, here are some more detailed instructions on how to leave a comment if you had difficulty leaving one prior:

1. Click on "comments" at the bottom of any post or entry (it should be a blue link)
2. If others have commented, you will be able to read their comments here
3. Once you click on the link, you should see a white box (similar to when you would compose an e-mail)- this is where you can write your text
4. Below the white box, there is a drop down window- click on this to decide your "identity". In other words, if you do not have a "google" account, you should probably click "anonymous" and then feel free to sign your first name at the bottom of the post so we know who has posted.
5. Next, click the button below the drop down window that says "Post Comment"
6. Once you have done this, another window should pop up that will ask you to copy the word you see above (this is to prevent Spam)
7. Once you have copied the word, click submit
8. Now your comment should be posted and you should be able to view it on the comments section

A final note: Although Heidi's Hope is not accessible via search engines, I would recommend using discretion when posting comments (e.g. writing your first name and last initial rather than your full name, not providing contact information directly on the blog, or providing other information that you would not want others to see)

Feel free to click this link to check out the latest post: http://hope4heidi.blogspot.com/2009/01/january.html

Or just go to the blog address to see all of the posts (including the newest): www.hope4heidi.blogspot.com

Thanks for taking the time to read! Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

Whitney

2 comments:

  1. I did try to post a comment the other day, but my problem is that the popup window to show the word loaded, but I got one of those lovely question marks where the word was supposed to be, and hitting the reload button didn't help, so I couldn't post my comment. Frustrating.

    Anyway, I wanted to say, the Blakeslee family is praying for you Heidi. I've added this blog to google reader and I forwarded the address to my Mom as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hiedi, I'm praying too. Your family's reliance on the Lord really shines through your blog! Praise Him. May God bless you and keep you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete