For the last few months I have been hard at work in finding work.
I have spent hours filling out 30 step job applications, perfecting my resume, communicating with professors for letters of recommendation, writing long essays for applications, perfecting my portfolio, emailing, phone calling, snail mailing, networking, and of course MORE phone calling and emailing!
On top of all of those items, I have spent challenging times journeying through the complicated steps to earn my teaching certificate in Connecticut. Before I could attempt this project I had spent hours working on getting the official paperwork for my Illinois certificate and endorsements as well as the paper work for my official diploma and transcripts from college.
Everyone of these items has been nothing but complicated...but I am getting closer to the finish line. This finish line will allow me to begin the next chapter in my life....MY CAREER...that I have waited so long to begin!
I received a call this past Monday for a job offer at a middle school for a special education teaching position. When the principal called he said, "Heidi, welcome, your tour is over. Your tour of the many interviews is OVER!" I thought: Oh boy what does that mean....I have no job....or I HAVE a job! The principal continued, "So welcome to Eastern!"
I just about lost my pants! I have WAITED and prayed for this day to arrive for a VERY VERY LONG time! It has ARRIVED! I truly believe that God is doing incredible things and they are ALL in His PERFECT TIMING.
I remember a couple weeks ago when I told my dad that I felt I was in a famine in finding job or even finding hope in a possible job. Praise God for His perfect timing!
Now for the hard part....DECISION TIME!
More to come on this exciting news!
Living
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment