Heidi had her first meeting with Dr. Mancini, head of heart transplant at NY Presbyterian, Columbia hospital Friday April 3rd. It was a straightforward time, and at the end of the doctor taking a medial history, and examining Heidi, she made the comment, "well, I am not sure why my colleagues sent you to me, but I don't think you will need to come back for a while."She scratched her head, we scratched ours, and went away with goofy grins on our faces! While she admitted that Heidi had concerning heart failure, she felt that currently, the best way to proceed was to maximize Heidi's medicines, and watch her carefully for changes. She also indicated, that we had already jumped through most of the hoops necessary to get on the transplant list, and that Heidi has type A positive blood, and the ability to receive either a pediatric or adult size heart. This means that obtaining an appropriate heart, when Heidi's needs to be replaced, should not be too arduous. We thank God for this good news, and Heidi is busy finishing up student teaching, and looking for a job.
Prayer requests:
A continuing heart of trust and praise of our God.
Energy and wisdom in finishing up student teaching.
Energy and discernment in applying for jobs.
Wisdom for how to manage her many medications and side effects of medicines, and the symptoms of heart failure.
A good outcome in the current medical work up for why Heidi has a lot of calcium in her blood.
"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms..." Eph. 1:17-20
MAY WE HUMBLY KNOW HIS POWER IN OUR LIVES, MAY WE LIVE IN THE HEAVENLY REALMS, AND REJOICE IN THE RESURRECTION.
Kim Gropp
Living
14 years ago
Heidi,
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news! Our whole congregation have been diligently praying for God's strength and energy to sustain you now and that a heart transplant will be readily available at the proper time.
I have certainly been praying for your health and endurance as well as joy as you complete your student teaching and begin the job search process. One of the few areas that are still hiring teachers is special education. Go for it!
Aunt Leslie
Hmm, I guess I need to confess, I have not prayed that Heidi would not need a heart transplant. Why do I not ask God for the very best? So now, I will. I am glad that for "now" you do not need the transplant. I will pray that now will continue and your heart and endurance will grow stronger. I will pray as you finish up school God will prepare a group of students for you to minister among. Our God is awesome. He creates us, he sustains us. He turns our hearts of stone into hearts of flesh. Is anything to difficult for him? May God continue to bless you Heidi! Debbie
ReplyDelete