Thursday, February 19, 2009

This Road

As I was driving to work this morning I was singing along to one of my favorite CD's- a Ginny Owens CD. About three quarters of the way through the song, "This Road" I realized I had become so familiar with the lyrics that I did not realize what I was even singing about (sound familiar? Happens to me frequently!)

All of a sudden I found myself singing, "and I ask why this road?" and I stopped in my tracks and thought of my sister, Heidi. While it is a common occurrence for me to think of Heids, thinking of her situation in light of this song created an opportunity to praise the Lord for her circumstances once again, which in turn caused me to reflect on my life circumstances (and praise the Lord). I thought I would share the song lyrics below for anyone interested. Ginny Owens is an amazing vocalist and pianist with an amazing story (her website is www.ginnyowens.com, however, it is currently not loading).

"This Road" (Ginny Owens)

A million miles away from anything familiar
a thousand places I would rather be
so I choke back the tears and try to find the bright side
though I find it hard to see beyond my suffering
in my heart I know your plan is so much bigger
but this small part is all that I can see
and I believe you haven’t left me here to wander
still I can't help but ponder where you're leading me
(chorus)
and I ask why this road
why this way
and this load
tell me how far must I go
till I see
till I know
why this road
A million miles away from anything familiar
what was it like to be so far from home
though you came in love
the world misunderstood you
there must have been some days when you felt so alone
but you endured, cause there was joy before you
joy that came because you sacrificed
Since you gave yourself just to spend forever with me
surely I can trust you'll lead me through my darkest times
when I ask why....(chorus)
From here I can not see
why you'd choose this path for me
but I don't have to understand to believe
that you know why
You know why this road
why this way
and this load
you know how far I must go
till I see
till I know
why this road

(I thought I would include a pic of Heids from Christmas break just because it's pretty ;))

~Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment